Welcome Back!

I am so excited to share my love of music with the talented students at Quest Academy.  This is my second year at Quest Academy and my 10th year teaching music.
We will be learning about music history, music theory, and music composition in class.  We will also learn to play a variety of musical instruments and sing music from multiple genres. We will perform at the Winter Holiday Concert and Spring Musical along with multiple school assemblies throughout the school year.

Image result for 525600  

Image result for music instruments

“525,600 Minutes, How do you measure, measure a year?”  In music class, we will measure our musical growth in multiple areas and will     The students will have multiple performances throughout the year including the Winter Concert, Solo Recital, and Spring Musical.

Performance Dates

PS-1 Winter Concert – December 15

2-5 Winter Concert – December 12

Solo Recital – February 9

K-2 Musical – March 14

Fine Arts Night – April 26

Grandparents Day – April 27

3-4 Musical – May 1

Harmonizers: This exciting ensemble is for 3rd through 5th graders who sing, play the violin, or play the piano!  Students with all levels of experience, including beginners, are welcome. Harmonizers will learn music from numerous musical genres while developing advanced performance skills. Singers will explore 2-part harmonies focusing on voice control, pitch, and breath support. String players will learn arco and pizzicato bowing technique and perform melodic arrangements on the violin. Piano players will learn chord patterns on the keyboard. Together, this music group will perform in the winter and spring.  Rehearsals are every Wednesday morning from 7:30-8:20 A.M.  in the LS music room.  I hope you can join me in this ensemble! To register email tricia.angle@questacademy.org

Band: Mr. Dan Marcotte will be conducting the band program for grades 4th-8th grade at Quest Academy. Please visit his website for more information about this wonderful opportunity https://www.questacademymusic.org

My email address is annabel.hasty@questacademy.org and my office hours are Monday and Thursday mornings from 8:15-8:45 a.m. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about music class.

Please visit this blog for frequent updates, pictures, and videos about our music classes.

Thank you and I look forward to meeting you at Meet the Teacher on August 31!