Winter Concert Success!

This week we had two amazing Winter Concerts at Quest Academy.  On Tuesday evening, the Tigers & Bears wowed the audience with their Seven Feet of Snow!  They played their recorders on Jolly Old St. Nicholas and played drums to Phoolon Ka Taaron Ka.  They sang a beautiful arrangement of Edelweiss from “The Sound of Music.”

The Wolves and Tree Frogs were amazing with their performance of Do-Re-Mi, Winter Wonderland, and Seasons: A Winter Day.  They also did a great job playing their ukuleles.

The Lions & Geckos did a wonderful job singing Duermete Mi Nino, My Favorite Things, and Minka.  They also played holiday carols on their Nuvo Flutes!

On Friday morning, the Otters were adorable singing The Mitten and I’m a Little Snowman.  They also played the tambourine and sang a Hebrew folk song called Bim Bam.

The Lemurs played the xylophone instruments and sang the song Snowy Mountain.  They used sign language for the song Light a Candle for Peace, and they played jingle bells as they sang along to Jingle Bells!

The Seals and Sea Turtles performed a song in Hindi called Nani Tari Morni and sang a traditional carol called Deck the Halls.  They also danced and played rhythm sticks and shakers to the upbeat song Penguin Cha Cha.

The Beluga Whales and Dolphins did an amazing job with their jazzy rendition of Let it Snow.  They also sang and played the glockenspiel on Yuki Kon Kon and they wowed the crowd with their singing on Winter Fun!

Watch this video of the Harmonizers performing at the winter concert!

One thought on “Winter Concert Success!

1. These are great! I wish I had more parents send it vids and pics of ours (I know they all had their phones out!)

I turned the Winter Concert into a huge event celebrating the 55th anniversary of The Snowy Day (Ezra Banks) It was great to have classroom teachers incorporate music into their literacy class, and literacy into music.

You can read more here: http://asoundmind.edublogs.org/2017/12/26/winter-concert-a-new-approach-to-old-ideas/