Welcome Bach!

Welcome Bach to Music!  This year in music we will be learning about the life and music of Johann Sebastian Bach as well as many other famous composers.

Image result for bach

I hope that you and your family had a wonderful summer. I enjoyed spending time with my family and traveling to Destin, Florida where we relaxed on the beach and St. Louis, Missouri where we visited the St. Louis Arch!

As the school year begins, I want to update you on all the news from Lower School Music.  We will be learning about music notation and we will compose our own musical inventions just like J.S Bach.  We will play instruments including xylophones, drums, recorders, Nuvo flutes and piano keyboards.  We will sing songs from around the world and explore ways to use our voices.  We will also move and respond to music in multiple ways. We will also incorporate STEAM activities and music technology projects in our music class.

The Harmonizers, a choir with keyboards and violins, meets on Wednesday mornings. All 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students are welcome to join this performing group!

We have so many exciting things planned for this school year. My email address is annabel.hasty@questacademy.org if you would like to contact me with any questions you may have. Thank you!